Age: All ages
Time: 30 minutes or more
Type of activity: Arts-and-crafts
This project is a great way to incorporate the true meaning of Thanksgiving into your holiday celebration. Your kids can start it now and keep adding to it throughout the holiday season. Why not make it a yearly family tradition?
- White tablecloth
- Felt tip pens
- Unfold the tablecloth into two halves, and lay it on your kitchen table.
- Put some newspaper between the two halves of the tablecloth, to prevent ink from running.
- Each member of your family now takes a turn to write at least one thing he or she is thankful for on the tablecloth. Younger children will better understand the purpose of this project if everyone starts with the words, "I am thankful for...".
- After you have filled one side of the tablecloth with ideas, flip it over.
- Again, have everyone in your family write at least one thing they are thankful for, until that side is covered with thankful thoughts.
- When your tablecloth is finished, put it away until it's time to set your holiday table.
- During Thanksgiving dinner, go around the table so everyone can read the things they're thankful for.