- Sleeping bags
- You don't have to go far to give your preschooler the outdoor experience.
- On a fine summer night, set up your tent in the backyard.
- For children, there is something almost magical about walking in the dark, so go for a walk: listen to night noises and look at stars.
- If a backyard bonfire is not allowed in your neighborhood, have a snack and a sing-along by the light of a flashlight before you pile into your sleeping bags for the night.
- If your child is too scared to spend a whole night outdoors, limit the activity to the walk, and then pile into the house for hot cocoa.