Follow the instructions to expand your child's vocabulary with this early childhood game.
- 10 to 15 minutes
- Old purse
- Small items that can't be swallowed, like model cars, playing cards, animal cookies, old key sets, little books
- Your child will want to share the wonder of each discovery if you fill a purse with the small items (that are too big to be swallowed) and sit down to watch your child remove them.
- Talk about each item that emerges.
- Stretch the vocabulary by using words like inside, outside, and on top of as you handle the items.
- Empty your pockets and talk about all the things you find there.
- Dress the child in clothing that has a pocket, and put something into it.
- Put the same item in both of your pockets and check back occasionally to see if you both still have them safe.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.