Girl name origins & meanings
- Latin : Laurel leaves; honor; fame; spirit
- Old German : Where Lothar dwells
Girl name variations
Family name origins & meanings
- French : habitational name from Lorette in the Loire, whose name is cognate with that of Loreto in Italy.
- French : from a French form of Italian Loreto, either a metronymic from the female personal name or the surname probably alludes to the Italian place name, possibly denoting someone who had been on a pilgrimage to Loreto.
- French and English : from a pet form of Laura, a feminine form of Lawrence.