Meaning and Origin of: Dane
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Girl name origins & meanings:
- English : Bright as day
- Hebrew : Valley
Girl name variations
Boy name origins & meanings:
- English : One who comes from Denmark; a variant form of “Danish”
- Norse : From Denmark
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- English : variant of Dean or Dence.
- French (Dané) : ethnic name for someone from Denmark.
- Dutch : variant spelling of Daane.
- Irish : Anglicized form of Gaelic Ó Déaghain ‘descendant of the dean’, but also of English origin, a variant of Dean.
- Hungarian (Dáné) : from the personal name Dániel, Hungarian form of Daniel.