This book of favorite words helps your child learn to recognize words.
What you need:
A paper punch
Pencil, pen, crayons
Yarn, pipe cleaners, or stapler
Paste, glue, or glue stick
What to do:
1. Make a booklet of five or six pages. (Instead of making a book, you could also use a notebook or a binder with paper.)
2. Punch holes close to one edge and thread yarn through the holes to keep the pages together. You can also bind the book with twisted pipe cleaners or staples.
3. On the outside cover write "(Your Child's Name)'s Favorite Words Book." Explain to her that this book will have all her favorite words in it.
4. Help your child find words (or phrases) of favorite things: toys, places, people, movies, etc.
5. Help her cut out the words or phrases and paste them into the book.
6. At story time, have her point to the word as you say it. Later, you can point to the word and she will be able to recognize it.
7. Your child might also want to include words cut from favorite food products, such as cereal or snacks.