This activity continues to be a highlight in our family, and tends to mark the official start of our Advent celebrations. Stock up on your candy and supplies, and invite friends or family to make calendars with you.Materials
- Red or green poster board (or construction paper glued to a file folder or piece of cardboard)
- Pen or marker
- Old Christmas cards, rubber stamps, or Christmas stickers
- Scissors (optional)
- Glue (optional)
- 25 pieces of wrapped Christmas candy
- Ornamental Frosting
- Draw a December calendar on the bottom half of a piece of red or green poster board.
- Have your child cut designs from old Christmas cards and glue them to the top half of the poster board, or decorate it with rubber stamps or Christmas stickers.
- Use Ornamental Frosting to stick a small piece of wrapped candy onto each grid of the calendar from December 1 through December 25.
- Lay the calendar flat until the icing sets, then punch a hole in the top and make a hanging loop with a piece of ribbon.
- Each day your child will have a visual and tasty reminder of the number of days until Christmas.