Meaning and Origin of: Rocker
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- Old English : Rock fortress
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- English : occupational name for a spinner or a maker of distaffs, from an agent derivative of Middle English rok ‘distaff’ (see Rock).
- German : from a Germanic personal name based on hrōd ‘renown’.
- habitational name from a farm named Rokken in Pustertal, south Tyrol (Italy).
- German (Röcker) : from a topographic name or a place name Röcke (formerly Roke) near Bückeburg, Lower Saxony.