Create a garden spot that will attract butterflies for you and your child to enjoy.
- 10 to 20 minutes
- Garden spot that can be viewed from a window
- Seeds or plants that attract butterflies such as zinnias, marigolds, asters, hollyhocks, or other purple, yellow, and orange flowers
- You can attract butterflies into your yard by creating a garden spot that contains the kinds of plants that nourish and attract them. Plant the seeds/plants compactly. Butterflies especially like purple, yellow, and orange flowers and those with short petals or flat tops that are easy to land on.
- Sit back and enjoy the beauty from your window together with a nice cup of tea.
- Make a butterfly viewing zone with some soft pillows and quiet music.
- Buy a small pair of binoculars for close-up butterfly watching.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.