Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Biting a child back or spanking her are ineffective disciplinary responses.
- Continue to tell your daughter in language that she understands that biting others is unacceptable.
- Hold her a bit more than is usual to limit her physical contact with other kids.
- Continue to show her other things that she may bite on in addition to this "bite cloth"--toys, rattles, etc.
- Read her frustration levels. This will allow you to distract her and prevent a biting episode.
- Always praise her when she uses non-biting means to problem-solve.
- Ask yourself if there might be a physical or mental problem that might be contributing to her low levels of tolerance.