Using balloons as flashlight filters, your kids can learn mixing colors and make a colored light show.
- Uninflated balloons (one red, one yellow, and one blue)
- Rubber bands
- Cut the rounded ends from the balloons.
- Stretch one balloon end over a flashlight and hold it in place with a rubber band.
- In a darkened room, have your child shine the flashlight on the ceiling or a wall to see the colorful light.
- Change colors.
- Layer balloons to see how mixing the colors creates new ones: yellow over blue to make green, red over yellow to make orange, and so on.
- If you have three flashlights, place a different color on each.
- Shine two or more colors on the same spot to create a new color.