This is a variation on the game of hide-and-seek. The person who's 'it' hides. As players find the 'it' person, they join him in hiding.
This game is a variation of "hide and seek." It is best played outdoors. "Sardines" can be played with two or more players.
- One player is "it" and he or she goes off to hide while the other players count to 100 by 2's or 5's.
- When the other players have finished counting, they call out, "coming ready or not!" (or something similar to warn the player who is hiding).
- Everyone goes off to find "it," seeking separately.
- As each player finds "it," he or she hides in the same space, until finally, all the players are squeezed into the hiding place.
- The first player to find "it" becomes "it" for the next game.