- Clear container
- Netting or waxed paper
- Rubber band
- Overripe banana
- Brown sugar
- Magnifying glass
Have you ever taken the time to observe bugs? They are amazing creatures. They fly, buzz, sting, leap, and even light up.
- A good way to attract bugs is to put out something sweet like a banana with brown sugar sprinkled on top.
- Let the banana mixture sit outside a while, then spread it onto the bark of a tree.
- Check it regularly to see what new bugs you have attracted.
- Look through the magnifying glass and draw what you see.
- Come out at night with a flashlight and see if there are any newcomers.
- If you want to watch a particular bug, put it in your container with a bottle cap of water, a stick, and some green leaves.
- Cover the container with netting or waxed paper (make sure to poke small holes).
- Return your bug to the place you found him within twenty-four hours.