A sunny spot and a homemade composter will make great soil.
Table of contents
- Dry material like sawdust,
- Soil dead leaves, and dry grass
- Fresh kitchen scraps
- clippings(vegetable matter only)
- Shovel and/or grass clippings
- Place your composter in a sunny spot with at least twelve inches of space around it so air can circulate.
- Have your child put a four-inch layer of soil in the bottom of the composter.
- Add a four-inch layer of fresh kitchen scraps and/or grass clippings.
- Add a four-inch layer of dry material.
- Keep alternating layers of fresh and dry materials.
- When you're done, place the lid on your composter.
- When the compost is dark brown and smells like earth, it's ready to use in your garden.