- Liner or cloth napkin
- Assorted holiday foods
- Assorted small, useful gifts
- Before you start, contact your local Social Services agency for families, elderly folk, and handicapped people who would like to receive a holiday basket. Knowing who is going to receive your basket will help you decide on the contents.
- Next, purchase or make the holiday foods breads, fresh fruit, canned food, dried food, jams, coffee, etc., and items that individuals, such as children, would like.
- Also purchase groceries such as toothpaste, soap, hand lotion, soup mix, salad dressing, tea bags, sugar, and other staples.
- Drape the basket with a liner or napkin.
- Arrange the holiday and staple items inside the basket.
- Tie a bow on the handle and write a holiday note to place on top of the basket. Deliver the basket to the recipient or to the Social Service agency a few days before the holiday.