Sharpen your preschooler's memory skills by creating your own memory game.
- Index cards
- Pen or marker
Sharpen your preschooler's memory skills by making your own memory game.
- Create two identical sets of index cards with letters of the alphabet, colors, shapes, or numbers. Start out with only a few, as this can be tough.
- Place all the cards, facedown, on the table.
- Have your child turn over one card, then put it back, facedown, on the table, and try to find the corresponding matching card.
- You can determine the number of tries allowed, and can make a game out of this between two or more children.
- At first your child may only guess, but it won't take long for her to get the idea.
- Begin the game with only a few cards, and add more as your child gets better; don't overwhelm her with too many cards at once.