- 5 to 10 minutes
- Safe articles with interesting textures, such as a rubber floor mat, carpet samples, silk scarves, chenille rug, bubble wrap, a piece of corduroy, velvet, satin, sticky side of a piece of contact paper, etc.
Your crawling baby will love feeling these interesting articles if you scatter them across the floor. Get down on the floor and explore them together, using words like cool, smooth, and bumpy to talk about what you feel.
- Demonstrate how to feel them with the face or feet.
- If your baby can stand against a low table, put some of the objects on top for feeling from a different angle.
- Float a sheer scarf over your baby's face.
- Put some of the objects in a box and help your baby to pull them out.