- Send formal invitations to about ten children.
- They should resemble wedding invitations with full names and addresses written out.
- Decorate the party area with real or artificial flowers, tall candles, white tablecloths, and name cards.
- Pick up the children with a chauffeur service (you can also get other parents or friends to volunteer).
- Upon arrival, have someone announce the name of the guest and blow a horn or beat a drum.
- Have appetizers brought around on trays before dinner as the children mingle.
- After dinner, play music for dancing (square dancing is fun or have someone teach the waltz).
Decoration ideas: Tape white butcher paper to the table top and make a design with crayons or paint to match the flowers. Make name cards out of plain index cards by folding them in half so they stand like tents.
Was this article helpful?