This project asks your child to scrape chocolate chips out of a cookie, to show her how much patience it takes to be a paleontologist or archeologist.
- 30 minutes
- A few chocolate chip cookies
- Plastic knife, toothpicks
- Shellfish or nut pick
- Small paintbrush
- This is a great project to show kids how much patience it takes to be a paleontologist or archeologist. Take a chocolate chip cookie and scrape out as many whole chips as possible.
- Concentration is required to extract the chips, which are then eaten as a reward.
- Record the number of chips in each cookie and compare results.
- Determine which tools work best to complete the task.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.