In this activity, your preschooler dips eggs into melted crayons, for a beautiful marble effect.
- Wax paper or newspaper
- Crayon stubs
- Large glass jar
- Hot water
- Hard-boiled or blown eggs
- Slotted spoon
- Empty egg carton
- Clear acrylic spray (optional)
- Grate peeled crayon stubs over wax paper or newspaper.
- Fill a large glass jar with very hot water.
- Drop pinches of grated crayon into the water and add an egg as soon as the crayon begins to melt.
- Twirl the egg in the water with a slotted spoon; the wax will make a design on the egg.
- Carefully remove the egg from the water with a slotted spoon and set it in an upside-down egg carton to dry.
- Spray with clear acrylic when the wax is dry, if desired.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.