You'll be surprised to see how elegant and delicate these ornaments are.
Activity for an individual child
Age group: 18-40 months
Duration of activity: 1 hour
- Plastic bowl
- 1/3 cup white craft glue
- 2/3 cup liquid laundry starch
- Lengths of yarn 1 to 7 inches long
- White craft glue
- Small inflated balloon
You will be surprised at the elegant and delicate appearance of these ornaments. Remember that balloon pieces can be a choking hazard for young children; only an adult should pop the balloon and discard the pieces.
- In the bowl, mix the white craft glue with the liquid laundry starch.
- Show your toddler how to dip yarn into this mixture and drape around the blown-up balloon.
- Have her repeat with additional yarn strands until a desired pattern or design is created. She should leave some gaps and not cover the balloon completely.
- Once the yarn is dry, pop and remove the balloon.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.