In this activity, members of the family talk nonstop for one minute on a certain subject.
- Kitchen timer or clock
The object of this game is to talk nonstop for one minute about a chosen subject.
- Everyone writes one or two subjects on a piece of paper and puts them in a hat.
- Divide into two teams.
- You may want to have someone referee and watch the time.
- The referee picks a subject out of a hat, then announces, and the first player in team one starts talking.
- You are not allowed to repeat the same ideas and you must stick to the subject.
- If you slow down, your turn finishes automatically and the next person on your team speaks for a minute on the same subject.
- The referee keeps track of how long each player speaks.
- After team one has talked as long as they can, team two starts on a new subject.
- The winner is the team which has spoken for the longest time after all the seconds are added up.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.