The Best Books About Anxiety For Kids: An Age-by-Age Guide
Editor’s Note: We know raising kids can be hard. That’s why we’re dedicated to making your life easier with the latest and greatest parenting advice and products. We wanted to let you know that if you chose to purchase one of the items featured in this post, we may receive a small commission for it.
Worry is an almost inevitable part of life, but learning how to handle anxiety so we can think clearly is an important skill to have! Children can also suffer from stress, panic attacks, worry, and anxiety, and feel even more overwhelmed without the tools to properly manage their emotions.
Luckily, there are many self-help books out there available to educate, empower, and inspire kids of all ages how to develop the skills they need to handle their anxious brain, stop panic attacks, better their mental health, and learn about mental illness.
Take a look at our top picks of books for kids living in an age of anxiety, all available for purchase on Amazon:
Our Top Picks
Ages 3 to 5:
Ages 6 to 9:
- Me and My Fear
- When Worry Takes Hold
- What to Do When You Worry Too Much: A Kid's Guide to Overcoming Anxiety
- A Smart Girl’s Guide: Worry - How To Feel Less Stressed And Have More Fun
- Outsmarting Worry (An Older Kid's Guide to Managing Anxiety)
- My Anxious Mind: A Teen’s Guide to Managing Anxiety and Panic
- Anxiety Relief for Teens: Essential CBT Skills and Mindfulness Practices to Overcome Anxiety and Stress
- The Anxiety Survival Guide for Teens: CBT Skills to Overcome Fear, Worry, and Panic
- The Anxiety And Phobia Workbook
Books About Anxiety for Kids Ages 3-5
Books About Anxiety for Kids Ages 6-9
Books About Anxiety for Preteens
Books About Anxiety for Teenagers
Looking for more book ideas? Check out our other book recommendations here.