Boy name origins & meanings
- Middle English : Crook
Family name origins & meanings
- German : habitational name for someone from the city of Kraków in Poland, from a shortened form of Kraker, a Silesian variant of German Krakauer.
- Germanized variant of Polish Krok.
- North German (also Kröck) : topographic name from Low German krock ‘crack’, ‘crevice’ (plural kröcke).
- Dutch : nickname for someone with long, curly, or thick hair, from Middle Dutch crook, croke ‘curly locks’, ‘mop (of hair)’.
- Jewish : variant spelling of Krok.