Meaning and Origin of: Kipper
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Boy name origins & meanings:
- Old English : Wearing a crown; sharply pointed hill
- Old Norse : Ship owner
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- German : variant of Kipp.
- German : habitational name for someone from a place called Kipper in Westphalia.
- Eastern German : from Sorbian kipry ‘weak’, hence a nickname for a frail or weak-willed person.
- German : from Middle High German kipper ‘unfair fighter’, hence a nickname for a person of no standing.
- Jewish (Ashkenazic) : variant of Kiper 4.