Boy name origins & meanings
- French : A town in southwestern France that dates to before Roman occupation
- English : Water
- Science fiction : Character from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
How Popular Is The Name Dax
Family name origins & meanings
- English : patronymic from Dack.
- Possibly an Americanized spelling of German Dachs, from Middle High German dahs ‘badger’; hence a nickname for someone who hunted badgers or was thought to resemble the animal.
- French : habitational name, either from Dax in Landes or (with fused preposition d(e)) from Ax-les-Thermes in Ariège.