Meaning and Origin of: Bright
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Boy name origins & meanings:
- English : From the bright town
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- English : from a Middle English nickname or personal name, meaning ‘bright’, ‘fair’, ‘pretty’, from Old English beorht ‘bright’, ‘shining’.
- English : from a short form of any of several Old English personal names of which beorht was the first element, such as Beorhthelm ‘bright helmet’. Compare Bert.
- Americanized form of German Brecht.
- Americanized spelling of German Breit.