Boy name origins & meanings
- Old English : Dweller by the beech tree
Family name origins & meanings
- English : topographic name for someone who lived by a stream, Middle English beche, Old English bece, a byform of bæce. Compare Bach 3.
- English : topographic name for someone who lived by a beech tree or beech wood, from Middle English beche ‘beech tree’ (Old English bēce).
- Perhaps also an Americanized form of German Bisch.
- John Beach came from England to New Haven, CT, in about 1635. Thomas Beach came from England to Milford, CT, in 1638. It is not clear whether they were related.