- Pens and markers
- Computer and printer
- Scissors (optional)
- Create a family newspaper to report on happenings in your home, record opinions on current events, and showcase hobbies, interests, and achievements.
- Encourage each family member to contribute to the newspaper.
- Younger children can dictate stories and draw pictures, while older children can write or type their own pieces. Here are some topics children may enjoy
family vacation birthday celebrations arrival of a new pet new neighbors holidays interview with parents or school happenings grandparents sports survey on favorite foods, toys, hobbies books, movies recipes opinions on cooking, family rules, chores creative writing jokes
- Assemble your newspaper on a computer or by cutting and gluing articles to sheets of paper.
- Circulate your newspaper by posting it on your refrigerator or by sending copies to relatives and family friends.
- Be sure to make enough copies so that each child can save one for posterity.