If your child is likely to eat the glue-covered noodles, substitute corn syrup thinned with a little water for the glue. Many toddlers will enjoy just playing with warm spaghetti noodles on a highchair tray or tabletop.
- White glue (or corn syrup)
- Food coloring in 2-3 different colors
- Containers for glue
- Cooked spaghetti noodles
- Styrofoam meat tray
- Yarn or ribbon
- Decide how many colors of glue you want to make, and pour the glue into that many containers.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to each glue container, using a different color for each container.
- Show your child how to dip the spaghetti, one piece at a time, into the colored glue, and lay it on the Styrofoam meat tray.
- Repeat, using different colors of glue, until your child tires of this activity.
- Let the noodles dry, then remove from the meat tray, tie on a piece of yarn or ribbon, and hang from the ceiling as a mobile.