An Imagination Station Activity
Age: Preschool and up
Time: An hour or more
Type of Activity: Arts and crafts
What to Do:
- Following the directions on the package, mix a batch of plaster of paris.
- Pour the mixture into the two containers, filling them about 3/4 of the way.
- Place the lids over the containers and secure them with masking tape.
- Place both containers somewhere that they won't be disturbed to dry overnight.
- The following day, peel the cardboard off of the container.
- If there are bumps or rough edges, you can smooth them over with a wet sponge.
- After you have done that, let the bookends dry completely. Then paint and decorate them however you wish.