- 1 cup flour
- Liquid tempera or acrylic
- 1/2 cup salt paint and paintbrush
- Water (optional)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Clear acrylic spray
- Baking sheet
- Magnetic strip
- Glue gun
- Preheat your oven to 200ºF.
- Mix the flour and salt with enough water to make a dough that feels like modeling clay.
- If you like, tint the dough with food coloring.
- Let your child use his imagination to shape the dough into small figures.
- If he wants to make letters, have him roll the dough into ropes and then shape the ropes into letters.
- Bake the figures on a baking sheet until they're very hard. (This may take an hour or two.)
- If you like, your child can paint the figures.
- Finish the figures with clear acrylic spray, then use a glue gun to attach a magnetic strip to the back of each figure.