- One pencil per player
- On a sheet of paper draw a grid of dots composed of twelve to fifteen rows of twelve to fifteen dots each. Space the dots about a half-inch apart.
- This game requires two or more players.
- The first player draws a line from any dot to any vertically or horizontally adjacent dot. The next player does the same, and the players continue to take turns drawing lines in this way.
- The object of the game is to form a square by joining four dots.
- When a player draws a line that closes a square, she writes her initials inside the square and gets a bonus turn.
- When all possible lines have been drawn, the player with the most initialed squares is the winner.