- 30 minutes
- Microwave oven
- Microwavable cups or paper cups (these will get hot)
- Plastic spoons
- Cookie or candy molds (optional)
- Transparent glycerin soap
- Soaps make wonderful gifts for friends and loved ones. Set out all of the ingredients and cut the bars of soap into about 3 or 4 pieces.
- Put pieces in a cup and melt in the microwave for about 10 to 15 seconds. If it does not melt and bubble, you do not have pure glycerin soap.
- Have an adult use a potholder to remove and stir to mix thoroughly, pouring it into the molds before it hardens.
- Let it cool and harden for about 5 minutes.
- Store in little gift bags to give as gifts.
- Add flower petals and a dash of perfume or other scents.
- For children, add small plastic flowers or bugs.