Activity for a group
Age group: 18-40 months
Duration of activity: 20 minutes
- Index cards
- Magazine pictures of characters and animals that are easy to mime
- White craft glue
- A hat or other container
- Kitchen timer
This simplified version of charades is a great activity for the whole family.
- Before the game, glue the magazine pictures onto the index cards.
- Place the cards into a hat or other container.
- Each person gets a turn to "act it out." The player removes a picture from the hat and gets 10 seconds on the timer to imitate/mime the character on the card. When the time is up, other players guess the picture.
- You can choose to let the person who guesses correctly have the next turn or the turns can be predetermined.