Meaning and Origin of: Vida
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- Hindi : Knowledge, wisdom
- Hebrew : Beloved
- German : Sylvan man
- Latin : Life
- Hebrew : Dearly loved
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- Spanish and Portuguese : either a nickname from vida ‘life’ or possibly from the male personal name Vida(s).
- Northern Italian : variant of Vita 1.
- Italian : from the female personal name Vida.
- Hungarian : patronymic form of the ecclesiastical name Vid, a derivative of Latin Vitus (from vita ‘life’).