Meaning and Origin of: Sera
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- Latin : Heavenly, winged angel
- Hebrew : Afire; angel; seraph
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- Catalan : most probably a mispelling of Catalan Serra.
- Italian : from a short form of a personal name with this ending, such as Baldisera, B(u)onasera.
- Hungarian : unexplained.
- Japanese : written with characters meaning either ‘good’ and ‘world’ or ‘west’ and ‘silk gauze’. This name is not common in Japan and may be Ryūkyūan in origin.