Meaning and Origin of: Dey
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- American : Light and hope
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- English : variant of Day 1 and 2.
- German : topographic name from a field name in North Rhine-Westphalia, denoting a sizeable piece of land.
- Welsh : from Dai or Dei, pet forms of the personal name Dafydd, Welsh form of David.
- Indian (Bengal and Orissa) and Bangladeshi : Hindu (Kayasth) name, probably from Sanskrit deya ‘suitable for a gift’.