Meaning and Origin of: Cira
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- Persian : Throne; sun; feminine form of Cyrus
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- Italian : from Sicilian cira ‘wax’, presumably a metonymic occupational name for someone who collected or sold wax.
- Italian : habitational name from a place named Cirà.
- Italian : from the personal name Ciro.
- Possibly also Albanian : topographic name from çair ‘field’, ‘meadow’ (from Turkish çayir).