Follow this recipes for Lentil and Vegetable Purée. Full of essential vitamins and minerals, as well as nutrients like protein.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 oz chopped onion or leek
- 4 oz carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 oz celery, chopped
- 2 oz split red lentils
- 8 oz sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 7 fl oz passata
- 2oz mature cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the vegetable oil and sauté the onion, carrots, and celery for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the lentils and add to the pan.
- Add the sweet potato and sauté for 1 minute.
- Pour in the passatta and 1 tablespoon of water. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Purée with a hand blender.
Annabel Karmel Recipes (c) Ground Up Media Limited 2008
This is one of my favorite purees from my book, The Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner. My three children all loved eating this when they were babies.
Heat the vegetable oil and saute onion, carrots, and celery for five minutes.
Rinse the lentils and add to the pan.
Add the sweet potato and saute for one minute.
Pour in the passata and 1 tbsp of water.
Cover and cook for about 30 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted.
Puree with a hand blender.
This is one of my most popular baby purees. This is a rich source of protein, iron, and calcium.