Classes on 504 Plans

A mother asks how to find classes on 504 Plans in the Solano, Sacramento county areas of California.
Have you heard of any classes on 504 Plans in the Solano, Sacramento county areas so that parents can understand their children's rights?
Your best bet is to contact the national office of Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorders (CHADD) at 1-800-233-4050 to see if there is a branch of this group in your area. They should know about parent meetings where you can get some additional information about Section 504 guidelines.

You might also want to read Harvey Parker's Problem Solver Guide for Students with ADHD. He has a good chapter about modifications and accommodations that you might request for your child under Section 504.

For more than 20 years, Eileen Marzola has worked with children and adults with learning disabilities and attention deficit disorders, and with their parents and teachers. She has been a regular education classroom teacher, a consultant teacher/resource teacher, an educational evaluator/diagnostician, and has also taught graduate students at the university level. Marzola is an adjunct assistant professor of education at Teachers College, Columbia University, and Hunter College of the City University of New York. She also maintains a private practice in the evaluation and teaching of children with learning disabilities and attention deficit disorders.

Please note: This "Expert Advice" area of should be used for general information purposes only. Advice given here is not intended to provide a basis for action in particular circumstances without consideration by a competent professional. Before using this Expert Advice area, please review our General and Medical Disclaimers.