50 Back to School Jokes for Kids
The beginning of a school year can be stressful for kids and parents alike. New teachers, new environments, long days, adjusting to new routines, and getting back into important habits can all feel overwhelming. Ease some of the stress with these kids’ school jokes that will help everyone crack a smile.
You could easily turn jokes into a printable and add it to your kid’s lunch box to help brighten their day. Share a joke while getting ready in the morning, or save it for around the dinner table at night to help ease tension and lighten the mood. From Kindergarten to High School, these 50 jokes are a great starting point, and before you know it swapping jokes may become something everyone looks forward to.
Here’s our list of 50 Back to School Jokes for Kids.
- On the first day of school, what did the teacher say her three favorite words were?
June, July, and August
- Why did the echo get detention the first day?
It kept answering back
- Why was the cafeteria clock behind on the first day?
It kept going back four seconds
- What is a snake’s favorite subject?
- What did the Buffalo say at school drop-off?
- Why do calculators make great friends?
You can count on them
- What did the triangle say to the circle?
- Why does the math book always look sad?
They are full of problems
- What’s the difference between a teacher and a train?
One says “spit out that gum!” the other says “chew, chew, chew”
- Where does a surfer go to school?
- What is a math teacher’s favorite dessert?
- Why does a music teacher need a ladder?
To reach the high notes
- What did the math book say to the history book?
Boy, I’m full of problems
- Where do kids in New York learn multiplication tables?
- What did the pen say to the pencil?
What’s your point?
- What kind of meals do math teachers eat?
- Why did the teacher marry the janitor?
Because he swept her off her feet
- Why did the kid eat his homework?
Because the teacher said it was a piece of cake
- Where do pencils go on vacation?
- What room can a student never enter?
- What does a book do when it gets cold?
It puts on a jacket
- Why is glue bad at math?
It always gets stuck on the problems
- Why did the kid cross the playground?
To get to the other slide
- Children in what grade have the greenest thumbs?
- Why did the teacher jump into the pool?
He wanted to test the water
- What is the smartest bug?
A spelling bee
- What did the spider make online?
- What flies around the school at night?
- Why can’t you do a math test in the jungle?
Because there are too many cheetahs
- What did the bully have for lunch?
A knuckle sandwich
- What do librarians take with them when they go fishing?
- Why did the M&M go to school?
Because it really wanted to be a smartie
- Why didn’t the sun go to college?
Because it already had a million degrees
- Why does a teacher wear sunglasses?
Because her students are so bright
- What’s the king of school supplies?
- Why is history the sweetest subject?
Because it’s full of dates
- Why did the boy steal a chair from the classroom?
Because the teacher told him to take a seat
- What happened when the teacher tied all the kid’s shoelaces together?
They had a big class trip
- How do you make seven even?
Take away the 's'
- Why can’t pirates learn the alphabet?
They keep getting lost at C
- Why don’t fish go on vacation?
Because they’re always in a school
- Why can’t a nose be 12 inches long?
Because then it would be a foot
- What do you get when you cross a teacher with a calculator?
Someone you can always count on
- Why did the kid study on an airplane?
He wanted a higher education
- Why did the square and triangle go to the gym?
To stay in shape
- What does a thesaurus eat for breakfast?
A synonym roll
- What did the ghost teacher say to his class?
Watch the board, and I’ll go through it again
- Why did the student bring scissors to school?
Because he wanted to cut class
- What do you call a student with a dictionary in his pocket?
- How did the music teacher get locked out of her classroom?
Her keys were on the piano
Want some more jokes? Check out The 60 Best Dad Jokes of All Time