Three weeks before Saint Patrick's Day, put this jar together and see if your children can guess how many green candies are inside.
- Green candy
- Shoebox with lid
- Slips of paper
- Utility knife
- Jar with lid
- Tape the lid to the box and cut a slit in the lid.
- Fill a jar with green candy, counting the pieces you put in the jar.
- Place the jar, the box, the slips of paper, and the pencil on a counter.
- Have each family member guess the number of candies in the jar, write her name and guess on a slip of paper, and place it in the box.
- On Saint Patrick's Day, let your child count the candies in the jar.
- Then let her open the box and read the guesses.
- The person who made the closest guess wins the candy.