This recipe makes squishy goop, which is fun for your preschool child to smash, push, and play with.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Food coloring
- Mixing spoon
- Ziploc bags (optional)
- Boil water in a saucepan.
- Add cornstarch and stir until smooth.
- Add food coloring and stir--adjust the amount of food coloring until you get the color you want.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Let your child squish away on the tabletop, or, for less mess (or younger children), pour the mixture into two Ziploc bags and seal.
- Your child can squish the bag or trace letters, numbers, or shapes on the outside of the bag.