Follow these suggestions to set up a costume trunk. It will enhance your preschooler's dramatic play.
Table of contents
- Empty trunk or large box
- Adult clothes and props
- You can encourage your child's dramatic play by setting up a Tickle Trunk full of props for him.
- Fill a trunk or box with adult clothes, shoes, hats, scarves, gloves, and costume jewelry to use for dress-up.
- Old suits are great, as are Hawaiian shirts, vests, baseball hats, wigs, boots, and slippers (for girls, include old bridesmaid dresses, costume jewelry, nightgowns, and purses).
- Great items can be found at garage sales or local thrift shops.
- A Tickle Trunk will be an invaluable part of your child's dramatic play and items can be added for years.