This is a great recipe for a Christmas classic that calls for chocolate chips, vanilla, and peppermint.
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2-3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Have your child combine the powdered sugar, butter, peppermint extract, and vanilla.
- Add the milk and mix the dough well.
- Roll it into 1-inch balls and place them on a wax-paperlined baking sheet.
- Chill them for 20 minutes.
- Flatten the balls to 1/4 inch patties.
- Chill them for another 30 minutes.
- Stir and melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler.
- Use tongs to dip each patty in the chocolate.
- Place the dipped patties on wax paper and let them harden.