Design and paint your own beach towels with your child -- use beach item shapes, or create your own theme.
Table of contents
Activity for an individual child
Age group: 18-40 months
Duration of activity: 15 minutes
- Fabric paints in a variety of colors
- Pie tins (one for each color)
- Large light-colored towel
Here is a chance to let your child show his creativity and create something that he will enjoy using.
- Empty each color of fabric paint into a separate pie tin.
- Cut the sponges in beach-themed shapes (shells, starfish, fish, or suns).
- Show your child how to dip the sponges into the paint and then press onto the towel to create a design.
- Let the towel dry completely and follow the fabric paint manufacturer's instructions before using.