Your toddler will have fun parking toy cars in the right garage in this simple matching game.
This simple matching game is lots of fun. Even toddlers with no concept of color will enjoy parking the cars in the garages, whether they match or not.Materials
- Small boxes (shoeboxes work well, as do some cereal boxes)
- 3-4 toy cars in different colors
- Construction paper
- Paint (optional)
- Colored contact paper (optional)
- In one side of each box cut a garage door big enough to fit a toy car.
- Cover each box with colored construction paper, matching the colors of the paper to the cars. (If you like, use colored contact paper or paint the boxes instead.)
- Turn each box upside down so the bottom of the box is the roof of the garage.
- Encourage your child to park each car in the garage of the same color.
- Store the garages and cars in a larger box or plastic container when not in use.