In this art activity, a preschool child fills in the details on his silhouette.
- Very large sheet of newsprint or other paper
- Markers, crayons, or paint
- Have your child lie down on the floor on the paper.
- Trace around her, then let her fill in the details with markers, crayons, or paint.
- Tell her to be as detailed as possible: What is her hair like? What color are her eyes? What clothes is she wearing?
- When finished, hang her portrait in her room or on her door where she can admire it.