In this activity, you and your child will pitch pennies for prizes in a fast-paced game.
- Poster board or sheet of paper at least two feet square
- Small treats and prizes
- Ten pennies per player
- One small container per player
- One small bag per player
- Paper hearts
- Draw a grid of three- or four-inch squares on the poster board or paper.
- In each square, place a small treat or prize like a piece of candy or a pencil, eraser, sticker, or any small trinket or toy.
- Give each player ten pennies in a small container.
- The players take turns standing at a distance and pitching pennies at the grid.
- If a player lands a penny in a square, she claims the treat or prize in that square and collects it in her goodie bag.
- If any treats or prizes are too large to fit in the squares, place paper hearts in the squares instead.
- Keep the large treats and prizes in a box.
- Let players whose pennies land in the squares with paper hearts choose their own treats and prizes from the box.